The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking for qualified candidates to fill various vacant positions in the organization’s Information Technology Department for more than 20 positions. Qualified IT professionals, especially women from Sub-Saharan Africa and the MENA region, are encouraged to apply by Nov 17.
According to its publication, applicants are invited for full time employment in Washington DC to fill positions the available positions including;
- Government Finance Statistics Resident Advisor CAPTAC-DR (STAGO)
- Data Management Officer / Sr. Data Management Officer – OBP
- Product Family Owner (Capacity Development) – ITDCS
- Platform Family Owner (Integration) – ITDEP
- Platform Family Architect (Content Lifecycle Management) – ITDEA
- Platform Family Owner (Digital Asset & Innovation) – ITDCM
- Service Delivery Lead (Enablement Platforms) – ITDEP
- AI Solutions Engineer – ITDCM
- InfoSec Domain Architect Lead – ITDEA
- Product/Platform Security Analyst – ITDAISG
The application closing date ranges from 15 November to 17 November depending on the position being applied for.
How to apply
You can search for jobs and apply through the IMF JobLink website. The IMF only reviews applications submitted through this website according to its publication.
- Complete the online application form in full. Include relevant descriptions of your experience and details of your qualifications.
- Attach your cover letter, CV/resume, and, depending on the vacancy, any additional documents you think are relevant (e.g. references, transcripts, and publications.). You may attach up to five files. The maximum size limit for each file is 250 kilobytes. Attachments must be in one of the following formats: .doc, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, or .html.
- Images, compressed (.zip) files, or candidate information held on external websites will not be reviewed.
- All applications must be in English.
- If you want to begin your application and save it to finish later, click on “Save as Draft.” You can then click on “My Jobpage” and complete the application without losing any of your previous work.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation for each application you submit. Once you submit an application, it cannot be altered or updated.
The selection process can vary based on the vacancy type or recruitment program.
- Applications are usually given an initial review within a week after the vacancy closing date according to IMF.
- If the hiring department expresses interest in your application, you will be invited to have a preliminary interview, either in-person, by phone, or online.
- Final interviews are typically conducted in Washington, D.C. and normally consist of a panel interview.
- Applications to program-related vacancies (e.g. Economist Program, Research Assistant Program, Mid-Career Economist, and Fund Internship Program) may be reviewed on a rolling basis and could include additional assessment steps.
- You can review the status of your application in the job portal by logging into JobLink, clicking on My Jobpage and reviewing the “My Submissions /Application Status” line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) headquartered in Washington DC, is an organization of 190 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
Created in 1945, the IMF is governed by and accountable to the 190 countries that make up its near-global membership.
The IMF’s primary purpose is to ensure the stability of the international monetary system—the system of exchange rates and international payments that enables countries (and their citizens) to transact with each other. The Fund’s mandate was updated in 2012 to include all macroeconomic and financial sector issues that bear on global stability.
By; Ifunanya Ikueze
Leave a Reply