The British government in its recent update has indicated that the country needs teachers from different countries including from Nigeria.
Applicants for teaching jobs from overseas need a visa or other immigration status allowing them to work in the UK.
Most other applicants will need a skilled worker visa, which their employer must sponsor.
Schools are allowed to recruit teaching and education support staff from overseas for any subject or age range.
According to the update, English schools require teachers with qualities beyond academic excellence and subject knowledge, for example:
- the ability to offer pastoral care
- an appreciation of the ethos of your school
- soft and communication skills
- willingness to participate in the extra-curricular life of the school
If you are looking for teaching job in the UK, click here to view all approved teaching job vacancies under the following categories –
- .Jobs by type of school and role
- School and teaching jobs by location
- Teaching jobs by subject
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.