After a run of losses that included every single trading session in the preceding week, the Nigerian Equities Market has closed in positive territory.
The All-Share Index was marginally up by +0.02%, to close the day at 42,018.92 points.
Investors’ wealth grew by N5.38bn, as the market capitalization rose to N21.92tn.
Year-to-date performance of the NGX ASI improved to +4.34%, as total Investor’s gain dropped below a trillion Naira to N868.66 billion.
The activity level improved significantly, as both volume and value of shares traded increased.
639.44 million shares worth N6.62 billion was traded in 4,564 deals. This represents a 120.07% increase in volume and 88.91% increase in value. The no of deals done decreased by 12.37%.
FBNH, STERLNBANK and ETI Shares were the most traded by volume, with 364.03mn, 80.97mn, and 19.76mn shares respectively.
Shares of FBNH, GTCO and SEPLAT were the top three most traded shares by value. Shares worth N4.11bn, N467.03mn and N442.62mn of FBNH, GTCO and SEPLAT respectively were exchanged.
Performance of Indices under our watch
The performance of the five indices under our watch are as below;
- Banking Index: +1.13% (380.58 Points)
- Consumer Goods Index: -0.52% (541.70 Points)
- Industrial Goods Index: +0.29% (2185.61 Points)
- Insurance Index: +1.14% (187.29 Points)
- Oil & Gas Index: -2.70%(338.47 Points)
Investors sentiment as measured by market breadth (advance/decline ratio) strengthened to 1.1x higher than the 0.4x recorded on Friday, as 20 stocks gained while 19 stocks also lost.
- ABBEYBDS gained 9.47% to close at N1.04
- MEYER gained 8.33% to close at N0.0.26
- NEM gained 7.56% to close at N2.42
- ACADEMY gained 7.14% to close at N0.45
- ROYALEX gained 6.90% to close at N0.62
- GLAXO lost 9.32% to close at N5.35
- SEPLAT lost 5.38% to close at N615.00
- JAIZBANK lost 4.48% to close at N0.64
- DANGSUGAR lost 3.23% to close at N15.00
- JAPAULGOLD lost 2.56% to close at N0.38
Nnamdi Maduakor is a Writer, Investor and Entrepreneur