The Nero Asibelua Foundation (NAF), in partnership with the Yemisi Shyllon Museum of Art (YSMA), will from November 2020, offer support grants for Doctoral research on Nigerian Art History.
Grants are available to support research in a field related to the YSMA’s collection or activities. The grants will be administered by the YSMA. Selection will be made based on the art historical interest of the proposed research topic, according to the information published on YSMA’a website.
Application will commence on Monday, 13 July 2020 and end on Sunday, 9 August 2020.
- Have you read?
- Public Service Innovation Challenge 2020 – N3 million Grand Price
- Paxherbal is not approved for treatment of Covid-19 Symptoms – NAFDAC
Prospective applicants should download and complete the application form from the website. The completed application form and all documents noted below must be submitted by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9 August, 2020 to be considered:
1. Two-page essay in the form of a cover letter outlining reasons why the applicant is interested in a Doctoral Research Support Grant. The letter should address;
- Prior experiences, coursework, and skills relevant to the proposed field research;
- How the proposed research relates to the YSMA collection
- What the applicant hopes to gain from the field research experience; and
- How the field research experience fits into the applicant’s long-term academic and professional goals.
2. CV or resume outlining educational background, research experience and publications, work experience, honors and awards, and co-curricular activities.
3. Copy of the approved two-page summary of research proposal.
4. Signed letter of recommendation from the applicant’s doctoral research supervisor.
For further questions/inquiries regarding the Doctoral Research support Grants, the application process, or status of a submission may be sent to email@example.com.