The Debt Management Office (DMO) on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria has published July 2021 FGN Savings Bond offer for subscription for 2-year and 3-year tenor.
The offer rates for July are slightly lower that the rates offered in June, which saw a significant increase from the rates offered in May. However, the July offer still has higher rates than May offer.
FGN Savings Bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and are charged upon the general assets of Nigeria.
The DMO offers:
- 2-Year FGN Savings Bond due June 16, 2023: 8.35% per annum
- 3-Year FGN Savings Bond due June 16, 2024: 9.35% per annum
These rates are lower than the rates offered in June – 8.889% and 9.889% per annum respectively for 2-year and 3-year FGN Savings Bond.
Key Dates for July offer:
- Opening Date: July 5, 2021
- Closing Date: July 9, 2021
- Settlement Date: July 14, 2021
- Coupon Payment Dates: October 14, January 14, April 14, July 14
Units of sale –N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000
- Read: List of Dividends announced in 2021, qualification and payment dates
- Visit Investogist’s homepage for more articles
The interests are payable quarterly, with a bullet repayment of the principal on maturity date.
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds amongst other investors.
- Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- All FGN Bonds qualify as liquid assets for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
Interested investors should contact offices of any of the following Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs): Access Bank Plc, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Ltd, Citibank Nigeria Ltd, First City Monument Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd, FSDH Merchant Bank Ltd, Zenith Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, FBNQuest Merchant Bank Ltd, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.