The Debt Management Office (DMO) on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria has published June 2023 FGN Savings Bond offer for subscriptions for 2-year and 3-year tenor.
FGN Savings Bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and are charged upon the general assets of Nigeria.
For June 2023, the DMO offers:
- 2-Year FGN Savings Bond due June 14, 2025: 10.301% per annum
- 3-Year FGN Savings Bond due June 14, 2026: 11.301% per annum
The June rates are 0.09% lower than the rates offered in May – 10.391% per annum and 11.391% per annum for 2-year and 3-year tenor respectively.
- Opening Date: June 5, 2023
- Closing Date: June 9, 2023
- Settlement Date: June 14, 2023
- Coupon Payment Dates: September 14, December 14, March 14, June 14
April 2023 rates were 10.032% per annum for 2-year and 11.032% per annum for 3-year savings bond.
Units of sale –N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.
- Read: List of Dividends announced in 2023, qualification and payment dates
- List of Dividends announced in 2022, qualification and payment dates
- List of Dividends announced in 2021, qualification and payment dates
- Visit Investogist’s homepage for more articles
The interests are payable quarterly, with a bullet repayment of the principal on maturity date.
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds amongst other investors.
- Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- All FGN Bonds qualify as liquid assets for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
Interested investors should contact offices of any of the following Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs): Access Bank Plc, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Ltd, Citibank Nigeria Ltd, First City Monument Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd, FSDH Merchant Bank Ltd, Zenith Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, FBNQuest Merchant Bank Ltd, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.