The Debt Management Office (DMO) on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria has offered another N360 billion FGN bonds for subscription by auction in March 2023.
The interest rates on the bonds remain unchanged compared to February and January 2023. offer.
FGN Bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and are charged upon the general assets of Nigeria.
The DMO offers:
- N90,000,000,000 – 13.98% FGN FEB 2028 (10-Yr Re-opening)*
- N90,000,000,000 – 12.50% FGN APR 2032 (15-Yr Re-opening)*
- N90,000,000,000 – 16.2499% FGN APR 2037 (20-Yr Re-opening)*
- N90,000,000,000 – 14.80% FGN APR 2049 (30-Yr Re-opening)*
- Auction Date: March 20, 2023
- Settlement Date: March 22, 2023
Units of sale – N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N50,001,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter.
The interests are payable semi-annually, with a bullet repayment of the principal upon maturity.
For Re-openings of previously issued bonds, (where the coupon is already set), successful bidders will pay a price corresponding to the yield-to-maturity bid that clears the volume being auctioned, plus any accrued interest on the instrument according the DMO.
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds amongst other investors.
- Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and FMDQ OTC Securities Exchange.
- All FGN Bonds qualify as liquid assets for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
Interested investors should contact offices of any of the following Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs): Access Bank Plc, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Ltd, Citibank Nigeria Ltd, First City Monument Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd, FSDH Merchant Bank Ltd, Zenith Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, FBNQuest Merchant Bank Ltd, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.
Leave a Reply