The Debt Management Office (DMO) on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria offers a total of N150 billion FGN bonds for subscription by auction in August 2021.
The bonds are offered at different interest rates and tenors. However, the rates and tenors are same with July 2021 offer.
FGN Bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and are charged upon the general assets of Nigeria.
The DMO offers:
- N50,000,000,000 – 13.98% FGN FEB 2028 (10-Yr Re-opening)
- N50,000,000,000 – 12.40% FGN MAR 2036 (20-Yr Re-opening)
- N50,000,000,000 – 12.98% FGN MAR 2050 (30-Yr Re-opening)
Auction Date: August 18, 2021; Settlement Date: August 20, 2021
Units of sale – N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N50,001,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter.
- Read: Details of FG Domestic Debt Stock
- N512.25 bn generated as VAT in Q2 2021, 56.56% increase YoY
- State Govts, Not Federal Govt Should Collect VAT, and other related Taxes – Fed. High Court Rules in Port Harcourt
- Visit Investogist’s homepage for more articles
The interests are payable semi-annually, with a bullet repayment of the principal upon maturity.
For Re-openings of previously issued bonds, (where the coupon is already set), successful bidders will pay a price corresponding to the yield-to-maturity bid that clears the volume being auctioned, plus any accrued interest on the instrument according the DMO.
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds amongst other investors.
- Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and FMDQ OTC Securities Exchange.
- All FGN Bonds qualify as liquid assets for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
Interested investors should contact offices of any of the following Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs): Access Bank Plc, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Ltd, Citibank Nigeria Ltd, First City Monument Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd, FSDH Merchant Bank Ltd, Zenith Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, FBNQuest Merchant Bank Ltd, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.