The Debt Management Office (DMO) on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria offers 2-year and 3-year FGN Savings Bond for subscription. The bonds are offered at different interest rates with the minimum being 7.753% per annum.
FGN Savings Bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and are charged upon the general assets of Nigeria.
The DMO offers:
- 2-Year FGN Savings Bond due May 12, 2023: 7.753% per annum
- 3-Year FGN Savings Bond due May 12, 2024: 8.753% per annum.
These rates are significantly higher than 5.522% and 6.522% rates per annum for 2-year and 3-year FGN Savings bonds respectively offered in April.
- Opening Date: May 3, 2021;
- Closing Date: May 7, 2021
- Settlement Date: May 12, 2021
- Coupon Payment Dates: August 12, November 12, February 12, May 12.
Units of sale –N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000
- Read: Dogecoin soars 50% to new high as eToro adds the meme to its platform
- Visit Investogist’s homepage for more articles
The interests are payable quarterly, with a bullet repayment of the principal on maturity date.
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds amongst other investors.
- Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- All FGN Bonds qualify as liquid assets for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
Interested investors should contact offices of any of the following Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs): Access Bank Plc, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Ltd, Citibank Nigeria Ltd, First City Monument Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd, FSDH Merchant Bank Ltd, Zenith Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, FBNQuest Merchant Bank Ltd, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.