African Development Bank is calling on young African male and female researchers, to submit papers, which will be considered for presentation at the 2020 African Economic Conference.
The theme of the conference is “Africa beyond Covid-19: accelerating towards inclusive sustainable development.” Interested persons are encouraged to submit full papers that address the theme of the conference , as well as policy and solution-oriented papers, that demonstrate strong empirical analysis. Submission should be made both through the website and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to AfDB publication, the objectives of the conference is to provide young African researchers with opportunities to share their work with a broader audience and expand their networks,
- Deadline for submission of papers: 11 September 2020
- Notification of final acceptance: 26 October 2020
- Participants registration opens: October 2020
- Conference dates: 8 – 10 December 2020
The submitted papers will be “blind peer reviewed” by professionals,. The papers that are deemed to be of high quality and to make significant contributions to the aims of the conference, will be accepted for presentation at the conference and publication in various associated journals.
- Have you read?
- First Bank Nigeria Limited gets a N25 Billion Injection from FBN Holdings
- President Trump issues ban on Chinese TikTok and Wechat
The 2020 African Economic Conference (AEC), is jointly organized by African Development Bank, the Economic Commission for Africa and the United Nations Development Programme,
Expected outputs and outcomes
The outputs of the conference are expected to include:
- A conference report
- A compilation of the proceedings of the conference, incorporating relevant comments and feedback from a peer review and from conference participants (may be issued after the conference)
- Inclusion of selected papers in special issues of the African Development Review and the Journal of Africa’s Transformation
- policy briefs