The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had on Monday published the summary of Polling Unit and Collation Center Agents submitted by the 18 political parties for the 2023 General Election.
Out of the 1,574,301 Polling Unit Agents registered by INEC, the four leading parties in the presidential elections registered numberof agents are as follows;
- Labour Party (LP): 134,874
- New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP): 176,200
- All Progressives Congress (APC): 176,223
- Peoples Democratic Party (PDP): 176,588
A total of 68,057 Collation Agents (Registration Area/Ward, Local Government and State), was registered by INEC. The four leading parties registered the following;
- Labour Party (LP): 4,859
- New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP): 9,604
- All Progressives Congress (APC): 9,581
- Peoples Democratic Party (PDP): 9,539
A total of 27 National Collation Center Agents were registered by INEC, with the four leading parties and many of the other parties registering two agents each.
— INEC Nigeria (@inecnigeria) February 20, 2023
Nnamdi Maduakor is a Writer, Investor and Entrepreneur