The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) is instituting a Research Fellowship Programme in 2020 as part of its mandate to encourage effective research and development efforts by the Academia and other practitioners in the communications’ industry, with the goal of building the indigenous capacity of manufacturers and improving the overall supply chain, within the Nigerian economy.
The Commission said its objective is to entrench telecommunications-based innovations in sustaining growth of the Industry and enhance the contribution of the Sector to national development.
- Read also: NCC orders suspension of new SIM sale, registration
- AXA MANSARD Shareholders approve 17 bonus shares for every 7 ordinary shares held
This Programme will advance the Academia – Telecommunications Industry Partnership through collaborative work on providing solutions to issues of emerging technologies and other Industry challenges said the Commission.
To qualify for the Fellowship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Come from Teaching /Academics in Nigeria’s tertiary institution (Senior Lecturers and above) possessing a minimum of a PhD. of at least five (5) years in any Telecommunications related field.
- Evidence of publication in only high impact journals such as International Scientific Indexing (ISI)/SCI journals, etc. with the most recent, not more than 2 years ago.
- Have a two-page executive summary on the focus areas, deliverables, work plan and methodology.
- Have a two-page summary on their understanding of the goals (aligned to the focus areas) of the Commission and how he/she would contribute to these goals during the Fellowship programme as well as what would be his/her benefit that would be shared with students upon return to the classroom.
- The Research Fellow MUST submit a letter upon award of the Fellowship, from his/her institution authorising the period of absence from the institution.
Submission of Application
- Describe in details the work plan to cover the focus areas and how the Commission would benefit from the Fellowship programme.
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of the Research Fellowship on the Telecommunications Industry, Nigerian Communications Commission, his/her tertiary Institution as well as the Research Fellow’s professional development.
- List of deliverables/milestones from the Fellowship
Interested candidates in the NCC Research Fellowship Programme are invited to submit a SOFT copy of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org and two (2) HARD COPIES of their Curriculum Vitae (CV), research proposal, summary of previous research work on or before 5pm, 22nd January 2021, to:
The Executive Vice Chairman/CEO
Director, Research and Development
Nigerian Communications Commission
Plot 423, Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
NCC warned that any application submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
By: Ifunanya Ikueze