The NGX All-Share Index and Market Capitalization increased by 2.04% to close the week ended 28 April, 2023 at 52,403.51 and N28.534 trillion respectively.
During the week, forty-nine (49) equities appreciated in price higher than thirty-five (35) equities in the previous week. Seventeen (17) equities depreciated in price lower than thirtyone (31) in the previous week, while ninety (90) equities remained unchanged, the same recorded in the previous week.
A total turnover of 14.029 billion shares worth N59.007 billion in 24,048 deals was traded this week by investors on the floor of the Exchange, in contrast to a total of 3.920 billion shares valued at N15.620 billion that exchanged hands last week in 16,856 deals.
Top three equities traded by volume are, Transnational Corporation Plc, Access Holdings Plc and Fidelity Bank Plc. They accounted for 13.116 billion shares worth N47.928 billion in 6,614 deals, contributing 93.49% and 81.22% to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively.
By sector, the Conglomerates Industry (measured by volume) led the activity chart with 11.399 billion shares valued at N30.990 billion traded in 2,310 deals; thus contributing 81.25% and 52.52% to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively
Top 10 Gainers
- Honeywell Flour Mill Plc, +34.91% to close at N3.13
- Cadbury Nigeria Plc, + 32.35% to close at N13.50
- CWG, +19.32% to close at N1.05
- Chams Holding Company Plc, +16.67% to close at N0.28
- Transnational Corporation Plc, +14.69% to close at N2.81
- Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc, +13.79% to close at N19.50
- Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc, +13.79% to close at N0.33
- BUA Foods Plc, +11.76% to close at N114.00
- Academy Press Plc., +11.54% to close at N1.45
- Multiverse Mining And Exploration Plc, +11.20% to close at N2.78
Top 10 losers
- Nigerian Brew. Plc., -11.48% to close at N32.00
- Royal Exchange Plc., -11.11% to close at N0.56
- Red Star Express Plc, -10.00 to close at N2.52
- International Energy Insurance Plc, -8.82% to close at N1.24
- Prestige Assurance Plc, -7.69% to close at N0.36
- Okomu Oil Palm Plc., -6.54 to close at N171.50
- Associated Bus Company Plc, -5.41% to close at N0.35
- Nestle Nigeria Plc, -3.38% to close at N1,043.80
- FBN Holdings Plc, -3.13% to close at N10.85
- Fidelity Bank Plc, -2.24 to close at N5.67
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.