The total Public Debt Stock which comprises of the Debt Stock of the Federal Government of Nigeria, thirty-six (36) State Governments and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) stood at N33.107 trillion or USD87.239 billion as at 31 March 2021, according to the Debt Management Office (DMO).
Domestic Debt Stock amounts to N20.637 trillion, an increase of 2.11% from N20.21 trillion in December 2020.
The Federal Government of Nigeria total Domestic debt stood at N16.514 trillion as at 31 March 2020. This comprises of FGN Bonds which represents over 75% of the FG domestic debt stock.
Others are Nigerian Treasury Bills and Bonds, FGN savings Bonds, FGN Sukuk, Green Bond and Promissory Notes.
- FGN Bonds: N12.465 trillion
- Nigerian Treasury Bills: N2.605 trillion
- Promissory Notes: N940.22 billion
- Nigerian Treasury Bonds: N100.988 billion
- FGN Sukuk: N362.557 billion
- Green Bond: N25.690 billion
- FGN savings Bond: N14.395 billion
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.