UBA Foundation is inviting all senior secondary school students to participate in UBA National Essay Competition 2020.
The competition in its 10th year, is part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria.
The aim is to promote the reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
“Do you think that the lock down during the Covid-19 pandemic was an essential measure in spite of the hardship it brought economically? What would you have done differently and why?”
The application deadline is 2 October 2020.
Eligible country for this competition is Nigeria.
The first prize – N2.5 million educational grant,
Second prize – N2.0 million educational grant
Third prize – N1.5 million educational grant
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
How to Apply:
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page
Click here for more details
Click here to apply