Seplat Energy Plc is actively recruiting for the position of General Manager, Legal.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The role is designed to support the Legal Director of SEPLAT PLC and its Subsidiaries (“the SEPLAT Group”) to guide and advise the Board of Directors, the Executive team and the Leadership Team on the legal framework of the SEPLAT Group and its interplay with the external legal environment, while scanning the internal and external horizon for actual and potential legal risks and implications of all of the business transactions.
The role will ensure the delivery of all upstream transactions that portend legal, commercial and or reputational risks within the Exploration and Production (E&P) departments and all legal workstreams on mergers and acquisitions, divestures, financing and debt restructuring, corporate finance and tax, corporate restructuring, enterprise risk management, intellectual property rights and protection, corporate law.
- Read also: Norway is granting skilled workers entry visa to apply for residence/work permit
- Canada includes 400,000 more job vacancies for immigrants to apply
Job Context and Main Activities
- Guide and advise the Leadership Team – 1 levels of Management and support the Legal Director in guiding and advising the Board of Directors, the Executive team and the Leadership Team, on the operations legal framework of the SEPLAT Group and its interplay with the external legal environment, while scanning the internal and external horizon for actual and potential legal threats.
- Provide expert legal advice on E&P across Drilling, Production and Maintenance Operations, the Gas Business, HSSE, Base and Community Operations, Lands, etc.
- Provide expert and strategic legal and business advice to the Boards of Directors and Executive Management within the SEPLAT Group, drive efficient dispute resolution, embed a strong governance and compliance culture, manage risks within the legal framework, and manage the impact of external factors.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any high-level decision or action on the SEPLAT Group and work in an integrated manner with the Leadership Team to deliver the purpose, objectives and the strategic business growth plan of the SEPLAT Group.
- Work closely with members of the Leadership Team to implement high quality business growth and transformational objectives and set the standard for the SEPLAT Group’s culture, values and behavior.
- A degree in Law is required. An MBA, master’s degree or a Ph.D. in Law will be an added advantage.
- Must be qualified to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria and be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- At least 20 years post-call, with experience in Law administration, Legal advisory in Energy, Upstream, Midstream and Commercial in an international law firm or similar post-call experience with a mid-sized or major E&P company in Nigeria.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and other Microsoft applications.
- Exposure and working experience with an international oil firm for at least 8 years
- Proven evidence of sustained performance and delivery at mid-management or management level in a mid-sized or major E&P operation.
- Legal experience in Oil & Gas across geographies (especially Nigeria and the United Kingdom).
For more details and to apply, click here and scroll to “current vacancies”
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.