Lafarge Africa Plc (NGX: WAPCO), a leading building solutions company in Nigeria is recruiting for a suitable candidates to fill vacancies at its offices in Nigeria.
The available vacancies are Quality control coordinator in Rivers State, MD Ashaka’s Personal Assistant in Gombe State and Mechanical Planner in Rivers State.
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the Holcim group, the world’s leader in innovation and sustainable building solutions.
Lafarge is the owner of many well-known brands; Ashaka Portland Limestone Cement, Elephant Cement, Powermax Cement, Supaset Cement, UniCem Cement and also has Readymix Concrete and Aggregates plants in the name of Lafarge.
About the job
Job Title: Quality Control Coordinator, A&C
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria
Job Level: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Coordinate quality control program at the plant and customer site to ensure materials and concrete are in compliance with quality plan and specifications / concrete standards, monitoring quality objectives, continuous improvement of QC in line with business management systems
- Ensure full compliance of the plant with Lafarge safety standards
- Regular VPC & BOG conduct in the plant and/or offices to assess H&S compliance, with documented report
- Engaging the customer on international standards as applicable in Lafarge requirements.
- Implement Integrated Management System in line ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015
- Identification of materials/ carrying out trial tests for concrete
- Ensure all KPI’s are done and achieved as per QC Plan
- Concrete strength performance report monthly highlighting the Standard deviation, Cement Efficiency, Overdesign and Sampling frequency
- Mix optimization: carry out mix adjustment and trials with the aim of cost reduction.
- Close out customer complaints as soon as they arise (zero/month).
- Pro-active approach towards interaction between in-house departments within the plants.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by N+1
Competency & Skills
- Minimum BSc. in Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemistry or relevant course of study
- Minimum 5 years working experience in concrete and cement preferably in Readymix operation
- Good knowledge of QA/QC in Readymix operation and concrete technology
- Knowledge of raw material and concrete standard including other relevant standard
- Site engagements and people management
- Ability to develop an anticipate plan to face challenges and complaints that may arise from customer
- Convincing verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively as a team member with minimal supervision
- Ability to network effectively
- Excellent IT skills (Proficiency with MS Office packages
To apply, click here.
- MD Ashaka’s Personal Assistant – Location is Gombe Nigeria
- Mechanical Planner, Ewekoro – Location is Port Harcourt Nigeria
Nnamdi Maduakor is a Writer, Investor and Entrepreneur