Securities and Exchange Commission of Nigeria (SEC Nigeria) and Financial Sector Deepening Africa (FSD Africa) are inviting qualified individuals to submit their Expressions of Interest for the role of a Technical Resident Advisor to oversee the development and implementation of an Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Transformation strategy at SEC Nigeria (the “Services”). The consultant will be based at SEC Nigeria offices.
The purpose of this call for Expressions of Interest is to enable SEC Nigeria and FSD Africa to shortlist suitably qualified individuals to provide the Services. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited to put forward a full proposal for assignment, based on specific Terms of Reference for the assignment according to SEC Nigeria publication.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria is the apex regulatory institution of the Nigerian capital market supervised by the Federal Ministry of Finance.
The purpose of this call for expression of interest is to enable SEC Nigeria and FSD Africa to identify a consultant who may be engaged to work closely with SEC Nigeria and other relevant stakeholders in an advisory capacity to provide the expertise needed to guide the ICT transformation strategy development and subsequent implementation process over a 2 year period. Successful consultants under this call for EOIs will then be invited to submit bids based on a detailed terms of reference.
Expressions of Interest Procurement of the Services is subject to a full international tender. This requires a two-part process: – In the first part, Expressions of Interest (EOI) are invited from qualifying individuals in an open tender. This invitation is open for a minimum of 20 calendar days. – In the second part, following a shortlisting process, FSD Africa will issue an Invitation to Tender to shortlisted individuals.
- Read also; Nigerian Youth Investment Fund: Details and how to apply
- Opportunity: Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF) – VDMA Technical Training Programme
Individuals wishing to be considered for short-listing will need to demonstrate some/all of the following: · ICT expertise/experience of at least 10 years with an understanding of the capital markets space and the interaction between ICT and capital markets.
- Ability to deliver in the assignment evidenced by successful undertaking of previous comparable assignments.
- Strong understanding of recent trends and developments in ICT that are relevant to capital markets.
- Relevant qualifications in ICT or related field. Please note – a fully costed proposal and/or detailed work plan is not required at this stage. 2 Nigerian Capital Market Masterplan 2015-2025
Your EOI should contain: –
- Your CV, location and amenability to be based at SEC Nigeria offices.
- Expected monthly rate over the two year period. Currency preferably in USD/GBP
- A short statement of your understanding of the assignment and why you believe you have the right experience and/or blend of expertise for this assignment.
- A short description of anticipated risks and how you would expect to deal with these
- Confirmation of your availability to carry out this work and dedicate time to the assignment on a full time basis (project lead to state potential start date for the RFP following the EOI process)
- Any other information that you believe should be considered in the shortlisting process Your EOI, which should not exceed 3 sides of A4 (font size 11), excluding CVs, brochures, references etc., should be sent to FSD Africa at email@example.com by 12 noon (EAT) 4 November 2020
About Financial Sector Deepening Africa (FSD Africa)
FSD Africa is a specialist development agency working to reduce poverty by strengthening financial markets across sub-Saharan Africa. Based in Nairobi, FSD Africa’s team of financial sector experts work alongside governments, business leaders, regulators, and policymakers to design and build ambitious programmes that make financial markets work better for everyone. Established in 2012, FSD Africa is incorporated as a non-profit company limited by guarantee in Kenya. It is funded by UK aid from the UK government.
According to SEC Nigeria publication, questions or comments in respect of this request for Expressions of Interest for the Technical Resident Advisor should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. on or before 12 noon (EAT) 20 October 2020 and a response will be provided through the advertising platform on 5:00 PM (EAT) 23 October 2020.
By; Ifunanya Ikueze