There is a vacancy at Nigeria’s biggest crude oil refinery in Port Harcourt, the refinery is expected to restart operations once its revamp is completed by 2022/2023 according to Government sources.
The available vacancy is with Technimont, the Italian EPC contractor that is carrying out the revamp project at the refinery, and the position is that of Commissioning Supervisor.
- Also read;
- Teaching vacancies in the UK
- An Early Career Program for Recent Graduates at Baker Hughes
Details of the vacancy as contained on the website of Maire Tecnimont SpA are as follows;
- Position: Commissioning Supervisor-Refinery –COS
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
- Start Date: February 2023 (24 months extendable contract)
Executes the activities pertaining to the pre-commissioning and commissioning of an entire unit of the Plant. Operates in compliance with the quality requirements, health/environmental/safety regulations and following the stated procedures.
COS reports to the Commissioning Manager or, in complex organizations, to the Commissioning Superintendent. He is assigned to the Project by AVIMP / Commissioning Department Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
COS’s main responsibilities are:
- To develop the detailed pre-commissioning procedures according to the instructions of Commissioning Manager or Commissioning Superintendent.
- To field check the DAC and prepare relevant Commissioning punch list, following the CME instructions.
- To assure that all activities such as flushing/blowing, reinstatement of piping components and local instruments, leak test, motor run-in, machinery run-in, static equipment inspections, cleaning, internals installations, box-up are duly performed in accordance with the stated procedures, in conformity with the safety rules and as per the instructions of Commissioning Manager or Commissioning Superintendent.
- To organize and manage the operations in field of the assigned team from the Sub Contractor by controlling their job and the implementation of Plant Safety procedures in case of emergency.
- Support the Vendors’ specialists in the execution of the job and coordinate their actions with the Commissioning supervisors.
- Supervise the works of vendors’ specialists and ensure their efficient utilization.
- To keep records of all activities performed in the logbook.
- To produce the certificates, duly signed by the involved parties, and handover to certification engineer (QA/QC).
- Can be the authorized person designated by the site manager to receive or issue a Permit To Work according to the project Permit To Work Procedure
Tecnimont is an EPC contractor in Oil&Gas, Petrochemicals, Fertilizers and Power sectors. Technimont is a part of Maire Tecnimont Group.
On April 6, 2021, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) signed a US$1.5 billion contract with Italy’s Maire Tecnimont for the rehabilitation of the 210,000 barrels per-day Port Harcourt Refinery.
Nnamdi Maduakor is a Writer, Investor and Entrepreneur
Leave a Reply