Nigerian diplomats and Civil servants with at least a Bachelor’s Degree are called to apply for the Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD) scholarship programme for 2021/2022 academic year in Tallinn.
The programme in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers full scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the Postgraduate Certificate in International Relations and European Integration.
Academic year 2021/2022 will start on 14 September 2021 and end on 27 May 2022.
- Tuition fee
- Monthly allowances (450 EUR)
- Accommodation in Tallinn (including utilities and internet connection)
- Health insurance in Estonia during the studies
- Cost of Schengen visa
However, the scholarship does not cover the cost of travel to and from Tallinn.
- The person should come from a country eligible for overseas development assistance (ODA).
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have a good command of English.
- Is currently employed in their countries’ foreign or civil service and has been working for at least one year etc.
Application documents can be submitted by using the online scholarship application system. Applications must get to ESD by 31st may, 2021 latest.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Skype. All candidates will be informed by email about their enrollment status latest on 18th June 2021.
Selected participants are expected to arrive in Tallinn on September 10 – 12 2021.
- Application with a passport-sized photo
- CV in English
- Personal statement [motivation letter], 1 page [300-400 words] in length, explaining the reasons why you are applying, your relevant previous experience, and how studying at ESD will benefit your future professional development
- Copy of the degree diploma from the institution of higher education attended most recently (accompanied by unofficial English translation if the diploma is not in English)
- Copy of the academic record from the institution of higher education attended most recently (with unofficial English translation if necessary)
- Copy of passport photo/data page
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
- Impact of Covid-19 to the future of Europe
- China – a partner or a foe?
- Multilateral reset in the US – dream or reality?
- Is soft power a successful tool to tackle the climate crisis?
- Digital diplomacy – interim measure or way forward?
For further inquiries visit ESD website
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.