PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc (NGX: PZ) is seeking qualified candidates to occupy various managerial positions across many states in Nigeria.
PZ Cussons is a global, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company, with office locations in the UK, US, Australia, Africa and Asia.
- Have you read these?
- The UK’s new updates on work visas that favours teachers from other countries
- Norway is granting skilled workers entry visa to apply for residence/work permit
Supply Planning Manager: According to information available on the careers page of PZ, the vacancy was posted on 9th December, 2022. The successful applicant will be working under the Manufacturing department in Ikorodu Lagos State.
- Plans and coordinates production activities of all production units for optimal output and adherence to plan with the aim of achieving the following:
- Keep the plants running optimally (>70% Capacity Utilization)
- Ensures Raw and Packaging materials are always available for production
- Ensure availability of Finished Goods for sale
- Ensures the plants’ ability to supply demand plan
- Ensure accurate records of inventory for reporting and planning
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to Head of Site, with dotted line relationship with the Production Managers
- Peers are Managers on similar grades from other Departments
- Direct reports are all planning data officers and planner
- To operate within departments budget
- Current team size N/A
- Also has dotted line relations with all plant operators
- Schedule usage of production materials to ensure optimal production levels
- Identify and resolve problems relating to inventory
- Manage deadlines based on project expectations
- Ensures stock levels of all raw, packaging, and finished goods products are in conformance to inventory policy
- Ensures loss due to stock shelf life of all raw, packaging, and finished goods products expiration is avoided
- Ensures items are purchased to maintain agreed stock norms/inventory positions
- Ensures planned Raw materials, Packaging materials, Oil quantities and requirements are adequate to for planned production
- Plans purchase of Raw & Packaging and oil
- Ensures production performs to plan
- Ensures Stock Norm adherence
- Ensures finished goods do not go out of stock
- Must be conversant with production processes and timelines to ensure production meets plan
- Jointly responsible with procurement for timely Purchase processes
- Enforces SHE, Food Safety, AIB and GMP rules and policies of the company
- To identify training needs of reports and develop training plans for leadership approval
- Maintains discipline in the team
- Renders appropriate reports to Head of site on timely bases, such as:
- Oil Plan
- Daily, weekly and Monthly Production Plans
- Purchase Request report for approval
- Business Planning inputs
- Planning precision report
- Inventory monitoring
- SLOB reporting
- Any other job assigned by Superior/leadership
Internal & External Relationships:
- Production team (Refinery, Packing Plant)
- Engineering and Maintenance Team
- Operation, Planning, Supply & Distribution Team
- Technical team (Q.A., SHE etc.)
- Warehouse/Stores team
- Human Resources (H.R.)
- OTHER CONTRACTORS
- RM & PM Suppliers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, or Mathematical Sciences,
- 5-7 years work experience in a similar position
- Computer literate
- Good understanding of the industry market trends and conditions
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
- Ability to take decision decisively.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Meticulous and diligent
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Able to sit, stand and move around for long hours at a time
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Ability to display self-confidence
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
- Analytically sound
- Excellent communication abilities
Apply for the position.
Territory Sales Manager: The positions were posted between 12-25 Days ago. Territory Sales Managers are needed in Lagos, Imo, Abia, Niger, Benue and Ondo States. The successful applicant will be working under the Sales/Commercial department.
Department Strategic Objectives
Lead in the delivery of customer and field sales business objectives towards the achievement of the overall organisation business and growth objectives
Work with the Distributor/Distributor sales team to deliver agreed business objectives within assigned territory.
Area Sales Manager
Van Sales Representative/Open Market Sales Representative.
Must be able to influence, inspire and drive performance without having direct management responsibility for distributor staff
A key contributor to the success of the PZ Cussons commercial strategic plan with an effective and flexible field sales force; demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
- Achieve agreed business objectives/KPIs for the territory( Sell-out, Focus Brands, NPD listing, POP deployment, promotions etc.)
- Implement outlet coverage strategy in assigned territory, enlist and keep updated database of relevant outlets.
- Achieve sales drivers (Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price/promotion) objectives for the territory.
- Manage and review the activities of the Secondary Sales Force in assigned territory
- Work with Area Sales Manager to develop Joint Business Plan of customers in assigned territory.
- Monitor and manage execution of all Promotional /launch/ agencies activities in assigned territory.
- Lead Market intelligence gathering and competitor activity monitoring and report timely.
- Target vs. Actual monthly/yearly performance (sell-out,e, KPIs
- Timely and quality of execution of trade and marketing activities in assigned territory)
- Implementation of Territory Coverage Strategy
- Achievement of Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price/promotion targets.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Area Sales Manager
- Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/HR team
- PZ Marketing & Sales network
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- First Degree in any discipline
- Computer Literacy
Experiences: (What experience brings success to this role)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs.
- Direct experience of PZ Cussons Way of selling capabilities with a focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase (QDVP), Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
Knowledge: (What does the person need to know)
- Good knowledge of business objectives and priorities.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Knowledge of Field Sales Management and Market Intelligence.
- PZ Cussons Leadership competencies
Functional or Technical / Business Skills: (What can
the holder do)
- Commercial Acumen Emerging
- Customer Management Emerging
- Negotiation Skills Emerging
- In Market Execution Emerging
- Selling Skills Emerging
- Sales Drivers Emerging
- Channel Strategy Emerging
- Communication/Interpersonal skills Developed
- IT Skills Developed
Nnamdi Maduakor is a Writer, Investor and Entrepreneur