The Nigerian Exchange’s equities market recorded another day of losses on Tuesday, following Monday’s loss. The All-Share Index shed 0.05% to close the day’s trading at 43,248.05 points.
The market capitalization had N11.94 billion chalked off it’s value as it dropped to N22.56 trillion.
Year-to-date performance of the benchmark index moderated to +7.39%,.
AIICO returned to full momentum, as its share price recorded the maximum possible gain on Tuesday.
The activity chart performance approved across board, as both volume and value of shares traded increase, with the no of deals done also increasing.
Have you read? MTN Nigeria’s Public Offer: N169.00 per Ordinary Share plus an incentive of 1 free share for every 20 shares
224.91 million shares worth N3.70 billion was traded in 4,331 deals. This represents a 5.53% increase in volume, 57.16% increase in value and 5.51% decline in value of shares traded when compared to Monday’s figures.
ACCESS, ZENITHBANK and FBNH Shares were the most traded by volume, with 42.18mn, 38.96mn, and 16.89mn shares respectively.
Shares of ZENITHBANK, NESTLE and GTC were the top three most traded by value. Shares worth N935.40mn, N916.12mn and N413.97mn of ZENITHBANK, NESTLE and GTCO respectively were exchanged.
Performance of Indices under our watch
The performance of the five indices under our watch are as below;
- Consumer Goods Index: -0.21% (547.17 Points)
- Industrial Goods Index: -0.04% (2193.07 Points)
- Oil & Gas Index: -0.40%
- Banking Index: +0.26% (390.78 Points)
- Insurance Index: +1.60%
Investors sentiment as measured by market breadth (advance/decline ratio) weakened further to 0.5x lower than the 0.5x recorded on Wednesday, as 12 stocks gained while 24 stocks also lost.
- AIICO gained 9.21% to close at N0.83
- ACCESS gained 4.40% to close at N9.50
- WAPIC gained 4.17% to close at N0.50
- ETI gained 3.73% to close at N8.35
- FCMB gained 3.33% to close at N3.10
- UPDCREIT lost 9.89% to close at N4.10
- IKEJAHOTEL lost 9.63% to close at N1.22
- UPDC lost 9.32% to close at N1.07
- CHMAS lost 9.09% to close at N0.20
- UBN lost 6.19% to close at N4.55
Nnamdi Maduakor is a Writer, Investor and Entrepreneur
Leave a Reply