Prestige Assurance Plc has announced the rescheduling of its 53rd Annual General Meeting.
The meeting earlier billed for for 28 June 2023 will now be held on Thursday, 20th July 2023 at 12.00 noon prompt, at the Agip Recital Hall, Muson Centre, No. 8/9 Marina, Onikan, Lagos State.
“The change in date was necessitated due to the public holiday scheduled for Wednesday, 28th June 2023 to mark this year’s Muslim Eid-al-Maulud celebration,” the company said in a filing with the Nigerian Exchange on Tuesday.
According to the document, the following ‘ordinary businesses’ will be transacted at the AGM:
1. To receive the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2022, together with the Reports of the Directors, Auditors, and the Audit Committee thereon.
2. To elect/approve the appointment of the following Directors:
i. Mr. Nalam Sri Rama Chandra Prasad an Independent Director
ii. Dr Nosike Agokei as Non-Executive Director
iii. Mr Agrawal Ramakant as Non-Executive Director
3. To re-elect the following Directors who are eligible for retirement by rotation and have offered themselves for re-election:
i. Mrs Funmi Oyetunji
ii. Mrs Rekha Gopalkrishnan
4. To authorise the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors for the 2023 Financial Year.
5. To disclose the remuneration of Managers of the Company.
6. To elect members of the Audit Committee.
Also at the meeting appointment of DCSL Corporate Services Limited as the Consultant on Board Evaluation will be considered and if thought fit passed.
The equity price of Prestige Assurance Plc is up by 4.17% on Tuesday, trading at N0.5 per share on the floor of the Nigerian Exchange at the time of writing this report
The company grew its gross premium to N12.44 billion in 2022 from N9.27 billion in 2021.
The profit for the year however, dropped to N59.04 million from N688.28 million in 2021.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.