Investors’ gained N2.351 trillion in the month of November, with the benchmark Nigerian Stock Exchange All-Share Index (NSE ASI) advancing by 14.78% to end the month at 35,042.14 points.
- Read also; Domestic Economy: Corporate Income Tax Plunged 20.1% YoY on COVID-19 Pandemic
- Global Economy: Activities Firm Up in the UK and US Economy…as Eurozone’s PMI Wanes
On the last trading session of the month, gains by high cap stocks; AIRTELAFRI and MTNN ensured that the market ended on a positive note, just as it had started. The market capitalization stood at N18.309 trillion.
The activity level improved significantly in comparison to Friday’s trading session, the volume of trade increased by 118.38% while the value of trade increased by 47.05%.
The high volume was due to an unusual activity in trading of the stocks of Multiverse Mining and Exploration Plc (NSE: MULTIVERSE). In the past 6 trading session, the total number of shares pf MULTIVERSE traded has been less than 300,000 units, but in today’s trading session, 84,009,000 units valued at N16.801 million were exchanged in just 3 deals.
MULTIVERSE was the most traded stock by volume, followed by ZENITHBANK with 47.021 million shares and TRANSCORP with 34.072 million shares.
ZENITHBANK was the most traded stock by value, with shares worth N1.134 trillion exchanging hands, the second and third were AIRTELAFRI with shares worth N596.074 billion and MTNN with shares worth N497.642 million.
The stock with the most number of trades on the day was ZENITHBANK (583 trades), GUARANTY with 296 trades and ACCESS with 291 trades were the second and third respectively.
Performance of Indices
Performance across the sectors under our watch was mixed, as two of the indices rose while three went in the opposite direction.
- Insurance Index: +1.63%
- Oil and Gas Index: +0.01%
- Consumer Goods Index: -0.44%
- Industrial Goods Index: -0.68%
- Banking Index: -2.48%
Investor sentiment as measured by market breadth (advance/decline ratio) weakened to 0.6x from the 1.1x recorded previously as 17 stocks gained against the 29 that declined.
Top five gainers by percentage are;
- AIICO rose by 10.00% to close at N1.10
- AIRTELAFRI rose by 10.00% to close at N588.50
- TRIPPLEG rose by 9.09% to close at N0.60
- JAPAULOIL rose by 8.33% to close at N0.26
- UNIONDAC rose by 8.00% to close at N0.27
To five losers by percentage are;
- NNFM lost 10.00% to close at N6.93
- CUTIX lost 10.00% to close at N1.53
- FIDSON lost 9.87% to close at N4.93
- NEIMETH lost 9.63% to close at N2.44
- LEARNAFRCA lost 9.57% to close at N1.04
- Cutix Plc released its quarter 2 financial statement for 2021. and also gave notice of retirement of two directors as well as appointment of new directors and external auditor
- Fidelity Bank Plc made several publications on share dealings by its directors
- May & Baker Plc published changes on its board
- Okomu Oil Palm Plc gave notice of its board meeting
We expect mixed market performance as the week progresses.
By; Nnamdi M.
Leave a Reply