The Debt Management Office (DMO) on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria has published October 2022 FGN Savings Bond offer for subscriptions for 2-year and 3-year tenor.
The rates for the October offer are 0.341% higher than the rates in September 2022 for both the 2-year and 3-year bonds, September rates were 11.041% per annum for 2-year and 12.041% per annum for 3-year FGN savings bonds.
FGN Savings Bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and are charged upon the general assets of Nigeria.
For October 2022, the DMO offers:
2-Year FGN Savings Bond due October 12, 2024: 11.382% per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due October 12, 2025: 12.382% per annum
Opening Date: October 4, 2022
Closing Date: October 7, 2022
Settlement Date: October 14, 2022
Coupon Payment Dates: January 12, April 12, July 12, October 12
Units of sale –N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.
- Read: List of Dividends announced in 2022, qualification and payment dates
- List of Dividends announced in 2021, qualification and payment dates
- Visit Investogist’s homepage for more articles
The interests are payable quarterly, with a bullet repayment of the principal on maturity date.
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds amongst other investors.
- Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- All FGN Bonds qualify as liquid assets for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
Interested investors should contact offices of any of the following Primary Dealer Market Makers (PDMMs): Access Bank Plc, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Ltd, Citibank Nigeria Ltd, First City Monument Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd, FSDH Merchant Bank Ltd, Zenith Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, FBNQuest Merchant Bank Ltd, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.
Leave a Reply