On May 29, 2023, no fewer than 18 state governors will handover to their successors, despite the fact that governorship elections were held in 28 states in Nigeria on March 18.
Here is the list of outgoing governors:
- Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia State),
- Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom State)
- Samuel Ortom (Benue State),
- Ben Ayade (Cross River State),
- Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta State)
- David Umahi (Ebonyi State).
- Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu State),
- Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa State),
- Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano State),
- Bello Matawalle (Zamfara State),
- Nyesom Wike (Rivers State),
- Darius Ishaku (Taraba State),
- Abubakar Bello (Niger State),
- Abubakar Bagudu (Kebbi State),
- Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna State),
- Simon Lalong (Plateau State),
- Aminu Masari (Katsina State) and
- Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto State).
Aside Matawalle of Zamfara, who was unsuccessful in seeking re-election, all outgoing governors will be completing two terms of eight years in office on May 28, 2023.
Ifunanya Ikueze is an Engineer, Safety Professional, Writer, Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator.